Friday, June 13, 2014

Dad Cookies

You can make any sort of personalized cookie, even if you don't have a cookie cutter for it!

I wrote my word Dad, on a piece of paper, and then used that as a template to hand-cut out my cookies.
Excuse my "messy" table. I use the surface surrounding me to "clean" off the tips as I decorate, so you get icing smears all over the place:-)
Using a 20 second royale icing consistency, outline your word,

And then immediately fill it in, using the same 20 sec. icing. This will give you no "outlined" edges

Let them dry a little bit (at least 20 mins) before moving onto the next stage

Again, use 20 sec. consistency icing, and add a heart. Let dry 8-12 hrs or overnight.

Once dry, use piping consistency icing a pipe the outline of the word.

All done! I moved them over to the window for natural light. My dining room has horrible lighting and it changes the appearance of the colours in pictures.

All done!! Let the piping icing dry 8-12 hrs before stacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment